Thursday, May 15, 2008

Top Model-y Like a Fat Girl

Can I get a big "fat girls unite!" in honor of my girl Whitney winning America's Next Top Model?! Being the amazing judge of reality shows that I am, I picked Whitney to win waaaay back in the beginning. It's all a science really. Last year we had a black girl win (Saleshia) the year before that? A Latin Drag Queen (Cha Cha Diva Jaslene). The year before that? A blonde (Caridee). With the exception of Cycle 1 and Cycle 2 (Adrienne and Yohanna) we have not had the same ethnicity win two years in a row. Tyra plans it like that, ya'll. Seeing as this is Cycle 10, it was OBVIOUSLY time for a plus sized (full-figured, whatever you want to call her) model to win. And if you don't believe me that I called it, BFF can back me up. So Top Model winners have gone like this--
1. Adrianne (white, ugly stepchild of Top Model)
2. Yohanna (white, brunette)
3. Eva (black)
4. Naima (she was like...asian/black/white)
5. Nicole (white, redhead)
6. Danielle (black)
7. Caridee (white, blonde)
8. Jaslene (Latino drag queen)
9. Salisha (black)
10. Whitney (white, plus size)
So clearly, it's time for an Asian girl to win next season.
You know what I haven't talked about on here in a long time? American Idol! Maybe that's because it has been SO BORING! Seriously! What is up with this season?! It started out really strong but is limping across the finish line. We all know that Archuleta is going to win, which I'm fine with.

He's just so pretty. I'm actually pulling for David Cook to lose, that way he can have the type of career that he wants. He's my favorite!!

Last night BFF and I crossed water to go have dinner with Kido, Bridge, Mo, and Matt and watch the Top Model finale. We got a bunch of food and MADE DINNER! Okay well....BFF made dinner. Like, not just grilled chicken or rice but actually food! It was so freakin amazing. Great wine, great Top Model, great friends. I'll cross water any time for those girls--love them!

I'm feeling a little under the weather today. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I went out pretty hard Monday night after being drunk the majority of the weekend. I'm looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing this weekend and watching a lot of movies on my couch. I think that my wallet is looking forward to that as well! The other reason I think I'm getting sick is because there is another round of lay offs coming and I'm stressing out. I have no reason to think I'd be let go, but when you know it's happening and you're completely in the dark...it's not a fun place to be!

I'd like to take this opportunity to give a little shout out to Vin. I've been very neglectful with emails to him lately and I sincerely apologize. I'd also like to shout out to Taylor who is going to be running a 26.2 mile marathon on Saturday!!! Marathon!!! She and I have both come a long way from getting Wendy's every night and watching bad movies. I think the fact that she's running a marathon is absolutely phenomenal. She is going to think of me at Mile 20 and my mental image is supposed to inspire her to run those last six miles. Or something like that.

"The Office" has its season finale tonight. Is Jim going to propose to Pam?!?! I hope so!!!

I totes love them.

1 comment:

Where in the World is Kevin? said...

Re: the Office.

My cousin is the creator and, for some reason, is getting divorced from the actress who plays Pam. They're both from St. Louis, met there, went to school there, went to LA together and now this.

What is he thinking?!?