Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yummy Flavors

Wow, I have been a BAD blogger lately! The thing that's really sad is that I've had stuff to blog about, I just haven't gotten around to it. So my apologies to all three of you out there. I will probably be bad the next two weeks as well seeing as I'm going on vacation a week from tomorrow but we'll see. With this one, you never know what type of blogger he'll be.

I don't even know where to start! Let's start with the tattoo. Well, clearly, I didn't get it--you would have heard about it by now if I had. Tuesday I started having second thoughts about what I was getting and where I was getting it and I just feel like if I have any doubts I should wait. So I'm still wanting to get one down the line, I'm just a little lost. Thursday there was some drama at work. When I first started here I was a floater--so I would go wherever they needed me that day. It wasn't so bad, a little boring, but it was all I knew here. In January they placed me permanently in a group with about 8 guys, and two assistants. Since Jan, we've lost three guys and it has been decided that our group is going to be merging with another, much larger, group. I was told on Thursday that I will not be merging with the group and will instead be a floater again. She said that it wasn't anything to do with performance, there was simply enough coverage in the upstairs group and I was needed more elsewhere. Apparently my bosses are very sad to see me go and said they'd do whatever they could to keep me but it looks like it's a done deal. It is flattering that everyone was so kind but in the end it really sucks. It's now messing with my Christmas bonus and I'm just afraid of being really bored while floating. It's not exactly anything glamorous. Still, I'm happy to have a job and need to remember that.


Also on Thursday Alanis' new album, "Flavors of Entanglement," leaked.

I had heard the album in its entirety back in March but was happy to sit down with it again and really dissect it. I have every confidence in saying that this is the best Alanis album since "Jagged Little Pill." Every one of her albums has something to offer and I really do love all of them but this one is so different for her and is exactly in tune with music today and is a fantastic progression for her. Half of the album is classic Alanis and the other half is stuff she's never tried before. It's exhilarating as a fan to experience this musical journey with her and if you've ever been a fan of Alanis' stuff I encourage you to check the album out.

Friday morning I got up at the butt ass crack of dawn to go see Alanis perform on the Today show. When I got there at 6:45 am she was doing sound check and already the crowds were in full force. I almost got in a fight with an old lady from Iowa because I was trying to cut in front of her. She was not happy with that and I was not wanting to deal with her at 7am so words were exchanged. These people didn't understand though--I didn't even care about being on TV or even being in front, I just wanted to be able to see her. I ended up getting a nice spot and saw her sing "Underneath," "Ironic," and "Thank U" THREE TIMES EACH. If I wasn't sick of Ironic before....I sure am now.... Josh Moon joined me at the Today show and it was great hanging out with him and catching up while waiting for Alanis to start. He's in town for the summer doing an internship and it'll be great having him here.

Speaking of old friends, I haven't seen Page Six in three weeks and that makes me sad.

Also speaking of old friends, what a weekend! BFF and I went down to see DC Doug and it was such a fun time! Saturday we were able to meeting up with Laurie and do a little lunch/ice cream/park time. Sunday we went with Quentin to my old friend Christie's house warming party and it was such a blast. So many drunken, hilarious times. I sure do love my boys!

Back in the city and am supes excited for "Sex and the City" on Thursday. My phone broke last night so I have been dealing with that today as well. I need to go and get it fixed this afternoon and if they can't fix it, I'll have to get a new one, which SUCKS. I don't want to lose all of my numbers!! Plus I was planning on leaving Sprint at the end of August but if I have to buy a new one I might as well just renew my contract and get a good phone. I'm just overpaying and have been really unhappy with Sprint's customer service. Ah well, I'll do what I've gotta do.

That's all I've got today. It's good to be back!

1 comment:

Silly Billy said...

I really like her new single and she looks AMAZING in the video.