Friday, June 13, 2008

Finally, an Update.

O.M.G. Omg, you guys. Has it been forever or what? Coming back from Ohio and adjusting to the big city again has been...well...an adjustment. Let's start at the very beginning because, after all, it's a very nice place to start.

I left New York Wednesday morning and landed in Columbus at 2-ish. I had the seat all to myself on the plane ride there, had a lovely doughnut (my first in months!) and experienced a relatively calm level of turbulence. My mom met me at the airport, we went and picked up some Brian grocery essentials (sushi, pretzels, candy) and then I chilled at my house Wednesday afternoon with my dog. It was actually funny seeing Josie because homegirl had put on some weight! According to my mom she's gained eight pounds, so I made sure to take her running a few times and get her heart rate up. Speaking of running, I was able to go a few times while in Ohio, which is a feat when you're on vacation. The only problem was though, running around your neighborhood is drastically different than running in the gym. It's humid outside, and the wind works against you, and the pavement hurts. But I went, which I'm happy about.

And thank God I went because I don't want to think about how much weight I would have gained if I hadn't. Starting that first Wednesday night, I chowed down on pasta, candy, cookies, carbs--basically everything I had sworn off for a month prior. But hey--that's what vacation is for, right? Thursday I just helped around the house before Patrick and Justine flew in and Thursday night the five of us had a great dinner and hung around drinking and laughing. As documented by this picture...

Friday Dad, Pat and I went golfing...yes, golfing.

Growing up, my dad would take me golfing and I would D-READ it. That's "dread" for those of you not familiar with Brian-Speak. I would look forward to the fourth hole the most because that's where they would have the candy and soda vending machines and I would always stock up. I would hate walking the whole course, carrying my heavy bag, and golfing horribly. This time though, I have to say, I had a fantastic time. There wasn't any pressure to do great and as soon as I saw Patrick doing worse than I was, I decided it was going to be a very fun time. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I beat my brother at a sports related activity.

Boo Yeah. Boo Yeah indeed.

Friday night Melissa flew in after being in Florida for a week and we opened her birthday presents and had steak and drank, drank some more.
My sister also likes to take overhead pictures that she posts on Facebook, MySpace, etc, etc, etc. It's a running joke in our family and one that I decided to continue.
We are, afterall, completely fierce. Saturday morning I put together a big picture collage for her open house and helped get ready before all of the company came. Cousin Tragedy, Dan, Dan's girlfriend Jess, Aunt Lori and Uncle Jerry, and all kinds of neighbors came to celebrate and we all just had a great time hanging out and drinking, eating, and trampoline jumping.


We look like something out of an American Eagle ad.

I also got to meet Ang's new baby Laken (yes, Laken) and he is cute as a button.
Maybe cuter, as a button isn't exactly that cute. And yes, that baby is looking at the Bud Light can and drooling. It's on appropriate, being a Bahr and all. As I mentioned in my last post, we were all supposed to go out Saturday night. It was something we had been talking about for a long time and were, as far as I was aware, looking forward to. We were all getting ready to go out--Pat and Justine were changing, I was in the process of ironing my shirt--when all of a sudden everyone starts leaving, Ang is crying, people are packing up. I was like "wha happened?!" Apparently the kids weren't going to bed and Ang didn't want her dad to have to take care of them, so they were just going to go. Pat, Justine and I were going to go with them but they live about forty five minutes away and we had to be back by 11am to see my dad read in church and my parents didn't want us to go...and blah blah blah. It was seriously drama and for some reason I got blamed for all of it. But whatever. Par for the course. Dan and I managed to take a picture before they left though.

I've been doing this thing in pictures lately where I have no neck whatsoever. Tyra would be seriously, SERIOUSLY disappointed.

Went to bed early (and drunk) Saturday night and then we all went to church on Sunday. It was my first time at church in quite some time and LUCKILY I didn't burn when I walked in the door. My dad did the readings and it was all very lovely (and hot, maybe I was burning) and afterwards we all went over to Jerry's for a little American Idol on WII and...surprise, surprise, MORE FOOD! Before we left the cousins all took one last picture together.


Now, is it just me, or do Danny and I look SO much alike in this picture?

I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Sunday night my whole family, including Mom and Dad, went to go see the Sex and the City movie. I have to say, it was one of the more uncomfortable experiences in my life. I guess I forgot how many sex scenes are in there. Dad starting liking it after an hour and what surprised me is how much Patrick really liked it. I was like a proud father. Monday I said goodbye to Patrick and Justine and hung out with my sister a bit. Had a great final dinner, and then I was back on a plane Tuesday to the city!

Things have been rough at work the past week but I'm staying positive and doing my best to just work, work, work! The Tony Awards are this weekend and then it's Pride, Kristen's visit, and Vinny's visit. So I've got a lot to look forward to. Still, I miss my family and am just so thankful I was able to see everyone. I can't believe it had been a year since I'd seen Pat and almost two years since I'd seen Danny. It was so nice to spend the quality time that I did with everyone and I hope to see them again soon! Enjoy your weekend everyone.

1 comment:

JA said...

good blog brian, your family sounds awesome and you look great!