Monday, June 23, 2008

Just another Manic....

Happy Monday everyone. And by "Happy Monday" I do mean "ugh.....Monday." It was certainly an interesting and trying weekend emotionally. I won't go into details but as many of you know things aren't great with a certain BFF. I did something in which I thought I was thinking about him but in actuality I was thinking only about myself. I became a hypocrite, and an unloyal hypocrite at that. And coming from someone who preaches about loyalty and hates hypocrisicm, you can understand why I'm embarrassed, ashamed, and upset with myself. He and I haven't been talking the past few days and it is absolutely killing me. He said I need to learn how to be a better friend and he's right--I guess I never knew I was being a bad friend. So with that all going on I'm understandably feeling very alone and have been pretty torn up about the situation. Sad face.
Friday I didn't do much. Came home and started to redo my room, which is a process. I've had posters and pictures on my walls for years--seriously, since I was like 8 years old. The items on my wall have evolved over the years but Friday night I started to take them down. It's time to grow up and so I'm starting with my room. I'm not going to completely disappear but I need to figure out a way to express myself in my room in a more adult way. So Friday I got pizza and ice cream (can ya tell I'm depressed?) and worked on that a little bit. Saturday I got up, went to the gym, then hung out with Page Six. It was nice to see him--we hadn't hung out in forever. We got some lunch and went to see "Get Smart."

The movie was really funny and I liked it a lot. I don't think I've ever seen the show so some of the jokes went over my head but that didn't take away from my enjoyment. Saturday night Page Six and I crossed water to hang out with Kido, Bridge and Matty Matt. I don't know what it is about those guys, but I have SUCH a good time with them. Seriously, it's insane. Whenever we get together it's like all my worries fade away and I just enjoy myself. We hung out at their place for a while then went to a bar on the LES called Happy Endings. Many adventures ensued, including mean cabbies, losing Bridget's contact and finding it on the floor of the bar, and stealing cookies from a neighboring group (who brings Tupperware into a bar? I mean seriously).

After a cab ride home I was walking to get pizza and as I turned onto ninth avenue I saw someone that I recognized. It was Tom Vize, from "My Life on the D List." Then all of a sudden, I noticed who was walking next to him--Kathy Griffin! I was like "Woah, you're Tom! Hey! You're Kathy Griffin!" Kathy said "of course Tom gets noticed first." Homegirl looked TORN UP. She had her glasses on, hair was a hot mess, she was in sweatpants. I know it was 2:30 in the morning, but still. I walked with them for two blocks and (drunkenly) told her my favorite parts of last Thursday's episode and how I saw her in February and how I thought it was so weird she was walking on the streets of New York at 2:30 in the morning. Then I said "well I'm going to be a fat girl and go get some pizza" and walked off. Gotta love random celebrity sightings!

Random story time - On Friday when I was walking home from work, I was clearly in a very bad mood. I saw this kid across the street from me with an Abercrombie shirt on.


This shirt on, as a matter of fact. I don't know why, but I was SO ANNOYED he was wearing that kind of a shirt. Like, I was just visibly pissed off that he wore a shirt with a giant FITCH on it. So as I passed him in the crosswalk, I took off my sunglasses, stared him in the face, and said "Hey, where's your shirt from?" Then I put my sunglasses back on and kept walking. See? Even depressed I'm hilarious! The kicker in the story is that I was wearing an Abercrombie dress shirt. A hypocrite, again, but at least this time I was a funny hypocrite.

Didn't do much of anything Sunday. Woke up super hungover, got McDonalds (bad!) watched a whole lot of tv, made a fanTASTIC dinner (with this black bean, onion, corn, and lime goulash that BFF taught me to make) and watched more tv. All in all, a very unproductive day. Something odd that did happen yesterday though...on my way to the market, I noticed a bunch of people standing around this guy. When I looked closer I saw it was a guy with a cat on a leash...and the cat was standing on his head. Don't believe me?

I know it's blurry but it wasn't taken by me-I just happened to find the picture online. I could not believe that the cat would stay on this guys head. I couldn't get my cats to do that in a million, trillion years. Or they would stay on my head, but then they'd pee on it. Such is my life.

Good luck with your week everyone!

No comments: