Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thursday, Friday, Who knows anymore?

"How boring can one person be?" you think? Well if it's me--pretty damn boring! I haven't blogged in the past few days simply because there hasn't been much to blog about. My past two nights have been filled with gym time, dinner, and then TV time. Which makes for rock hard abs, but a "wah-wah" social life. It doesn't look to be getting any better this weekend, either. Practically everyone I know is going out of town for the 4th. There are plans to get together with Kiwi Katie and go downtown for a rooftop view of the fireworks though, so that should be fun.


I originally started looking for a picture of fireworks. Then I thought "ooh, I'll be witty and find a picture of Jubilee from X-Men SHOOTING fireworks." But in searching for a picture of that, I came upon this piece of.....art.





O.........M..............G.

My first thought is "ah! Nerd attack"! until I remember that once up on a time, in early 2000, I may or may not have done the same thing. It was my Freshman year of college and I lived in the dorms with some really, really cool people. By the end of that first year I was tight with like, 95% of the dorm. There happened to be a group of boys that grew up on X-Men and so we decided, one random Saturday, to all dress up and pretend like we were in the X-Men. Of course everyone wanted to get involved so we had the girls from upstairs dress up too. I was surprised at how IN TO it everyone got. Seriously, the costumes were awesome--I wish I had pictures to share. We had Storm, Bishop, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee, White Queen, Shadowcat, Psylocke, Wolverine, and then some guys' random brother who had a Spiderman costume. Don't ask. I was Cyclops and my costume included yellow sponges for his utility belt, red sunglasses, and a pair of briefs dyed yellow. We were so hot! We went to a restaurant in town, but they wouldn't seat us, so we went to Wendy's instead. Then we all went to a local park and "pretend fought" for about five minutes. Got bored with that fast and went home. But it still is one of the greatest memories I have of college.

Last Monday I had dinner with JamieJamie Moore and it was really fun. 'twas nice to see him again. Afterwards we met up with Husband Steve, Scott Evans, and two of their friends for a little game night. It was SO. MUCH. FUN. I wasn't expecting to get drunk on a Monday night but um...er...it sorta happened. We rocked some Cranium, Apples to Apples, and then some drinking games. Those boys are super fun and I hope to hang out with them again soon.

So that's about it from me. I'm going to hit Spin class after work today (half day! Wahoo!) and then do a little room cleaning and...who knows! The city is my date. And it's starting to get serious--I think I'm in love.

No comments: