Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tidbits

So last night I get home from spin class, grab some sushi, and am all prepared to get to bed early and watch some "Jon and Kate," when I run into Husband Steve online. He tells me that the boys (who are like, my favorite people in the world right now) are going to Musical Mondays. Ya'll remember me and Musical Mondays--I love them, but they make for Terrible Tuesdays. I logged off, completely resigned to staying home alone. Well, that little itch started itching and before you knew I was "hopping that downtown train" and heading to the boys' apartment.

Despite the fact that we had to pay cover (I hate me some covers) we had a fantastic time. I think. I was a little drunk. On a Monday. On a work night. I'm so bad.

I've had a fan on me all day today. It's like a million degrees in here. Hot flashes perhaps?

I'm officially attending opening night of [title of show] on Thursday. What am I going to wear?! I should start looking through my closet now--day of will absolutely not do for a red carpet situation.

There are times in my life that no matter what I'm going through, a Sex and the City quote perfectly describes the situation. And now I'd like to share with you a few that have been resonating with me lately due to certain situations.

"Adina, I'm a lovely person. At least get to know me, then hate me" - Samantha

"Sexy is what I try to get them to see me as after I win them over with my personality. - Miranda
You win people over with your personality?" - Carrie

"I'm looking for love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, can't live without each other love." - Carrie

I woke up with that last one stuck in my head. Don't know what I was dreaming about that made me think of it. After I saw that episode I wrote a song called "Dirty Love" but looking back on that title, it could be taken so many ways.

Clearly I'm a little boring today. I blame it on the fact that I'm still a little drunk. Maybe I'll be able to get it up later.

No comments: