Thursday, November 6, 2008

Can't We All Just Get Along?

One of my favorite on again/off again celebrity couples, Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, are now off again, again. I understand it's hard to make a relationship work, and even more so in the media spotlight, but these two kids are adorable! I love their 'getting together' story and their 'back together' story and they're just so darn cute together. Ah well. Another one bites the dust. I wish them both luck in their future endeavors.

I would also like to give a shout out to Miss Sarah Timms. Yesterday, I misspelled Condolences and a BriTunes reader pointed it out in the comments section. Sarah stuck up for me and my "creative spelling," therefore putting a large much needed smile on my face. So thank you Timms. I defend my choice of spelling Condolences with an A if only for the fact that my spell check did not point it out to me. So maybe it's not my problem and really it's the SPELL CHECK'S problem?!?! Did you ever consider that "anonymous?" Huh? Huh? Didja didja?

On a separate note, let's discuss spelling. I actually find someone who spells well to be a huge turn-on. Proper grammar, punctuation, it's all very attractive. But a trend I've been finding lately is that some of the hottest guys I know, are horrible spellers. And I'm not talking a simple mistake here and there, or an abbreviation. I know if someone spells "u" they mean "you" and that's fine...although don't get me started on the guys who spell "boy," "boi." I'm talking about the guys who don't know the difference between "Your" and "You're." Or "to" and "too." Or the "I before E except after C" rule. Or "thanks" and "thanx." The minute a guy consistently misspells something like that, I think he's less attractive. Is that wrong of me? I know that looks aren't everything, and of course spelling isn't everything, but it's just basic knowledge to know the difference between "your" and "you're." Please keep in mind, I know that I'm not the greatest speller in the world, and have never professed to be, but come on people--'their' and 'they're?' THIRD GRADE!!!! Let's pick it up a little bit, shall we?

Finally, I had my last visit with the PT and Doctor yesterday for my broken finger and have been given a clean bill of health! I don't have to wear my split or go to Physical Therapy anymore. I'm healed!!! The doctor also said that I have one of the best recoveries she's ever seen. She said that normally with a "mallet finger" there is a little bend or lag in the finger that doesn't go away no matter how hard you try but with me, my finger is like new and completely straight.

It's the only thing on me that is straight. AH! Badump ching!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

You need to jazz up that finger picture. As finger pictures go, it's super lame.
I miss-spelled lose the other day and put loose instead. I think I meant lo-o-o-ose in my head, and put an extra o in there. Ooops.

bridgetloay said...

i believe you should own this:

http://www.onehorseshy.com/highbrow/bad_grammar_makes_me_sic?p=onehorseshy.46737922

Heidi said...

I hate spelling. Please still love me. I do however know the difference between, you're & your. Thank you and goodnight

Sarah said...

I hate spelling. I LOVE grammar. I also hate people who think they're in Jr. High when they clearly aren't. Please take, for example, a guy who I hadn't seen for ages who started face-emailing me this week... This was one of his messages to me:

"random?...yes, silly?...mabe, good to hear from and old friend?...for shr lol, ") j/k well i'm not doing much right now just trying to get work gag lol and just living :)"

So I didn't reply, even though he was a nice person who has gotten way hot since I last hung out with him.