Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary

It's so hard to believe that 10 years ago today, Alanis' second album "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" was released. There are albums that sort of define a moment in your life and this is definitely one of them for me. For instance, Pink's "I'm Not Dead" album reminds me of when Kelly and I were dating. Britney's "Blackout" cd always makes me think of my first few months in New York. And SFIJ always brings me back to the fall of my Senior year, while living in Utah. I'll never forget buying this cd after class at the SuperTarget, coming home, and listening to it in our computer room alone. From the first song "Front Row," to the last song "Your Congratulations," it was like nothing else I'd ever heard from Alanis. That last year of high school I had half days every other day and I remember coming home, putting the album on, and pretending to be in concert, singing through every song. I had songs when I would "play" the guitar (usually a broom) while singing into a telescope for a microphone. The remote control was more often than not my hand mic, and you I sang at the top of my lungs. I just have very fond memories of that time in my life, and with it, fond memories of this album.

So I raise a glass to you, "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie." Hip Hip, Hooray.

3 comments:

doug said...

And now, 10 years later, you're in New York - and so relevant! I have a clear image in my head of you doing these concerts for yourself, and it's adorable! :)

doug said...

Um. I mean... totes adorbs?

Kelly said...

Two words for you: The Couch