Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ten Tidbits for Hump Day

A few tidbits for your afternoon enjoyment:


1. Beyonce, Beyonce, Beyonce
As you may or may not (probably not for the majority of you readers) Miss Knowles is releasing her new album "I am...Sasha Fierce" on November 18.




Her first two singles, "If I Were a Boy" and "Single Ladies" are off the chain. Seriously, they shut it down. Well holla for a dolla ya'll because I downloaded the whole album last night! I'm kind of amazing when it comes to finding music before it's officially released and "Sasha Fierce" is no exception. If you like the first two singles you're going to absolutely love this album. She splits it up with two cds--the first one has more conventional "pop ballads" and the second is all dance dance dance club songs. With all the election commotion yesterday I didn't get a chance to give it a good listen but today I've been blasting it all morning. Bey knows how to work it and she definitely delivered with this new album!

2. This Used to Be a Funhouse


Another album that has been SHUTTING IT DOWN for me has been P!nk's "Funhouse." Pink has slowly become one of my favorite artists and the last three albums she has released have just blown me away with their originality, musical hooks, and lyrics. You talk about singers and artists and Pink is truly an artist. She has something to say and I'm more than happy to listen. So yeah, this album is another that has been on repeat. "So What" is an awesome first single, but it only scratches the surface of the brilliance.

3. Fruity and Loopy
After being sickeningly healthy the past two weeks in preparation for Phelps, I fear I've strayed far from where I was since then. An example? This morning instead of the normal egg whites and toast, I had....


Fruit Loops, ya'll!!! What is up with that? I haven't had a sugary cereal in....god....years? It f'real has been forever. I don't know if I was in a mood this morning or what. But those Loops done be good....

4. My Condolences



Boy, this recession really isn't fun is it? So many Broadway shows - [title of show], Xanadu, Spamalot, Spring Awakening, Hairspray - have announced closings in the past few months. Add one more to the list. "A Tale of Two Cities," starring my friend EVT, is closing next Sunday. And by starring, I do mean he's a swing. But he's still in a Broadway show! He's the first of my friends to score a legit Broadway show! I've said it before and I'll say it again though--that kid has some of the best luck I've ever seen in my life. He'll be fine. Now if I can only scrounge up the cash to go see him before the show closes...

5. Speaking of Sad To See You Go...


No!!!! Grey's Anatomy is losing one its greatest characters to ever grace Seattle Grace. He he...grace Seattle Grace. That's funny. Dr. Erica Hahn, played by Brooke Smith, was unceremoniously kicked off the show and her last episode airs TOMORROW. Without any warning! Apparently ABC has a problem with having a lesbian on the show as they've also re-written a character supposedly coming on to play Meredith's bisexual ex girlfriend. It surprises me that they shy away from this as they've always been so fair with representing gay relationships. The official excuse is that they "did not find that the magic and chemistry with Brooke's character would sustain in the long run," which is such bullshit! Hahn was compelling and hilarious, never mind the fact that she was a strong confident woman--something the show seriously lacks. I'm totally bummed about this, Hahn was one of my favorite parts of this season.

6. Cold
After dieing from heat yesterday, it's cold in my office today. Seriously. I'm freezing. Just thought you would like to know.

7. Also...
I F'd up my neck at the gym last Monday and it is still not healed yet. Some days are better than others but I'm having a bad day today. To make matters worse, my back has been having spasms all day. Twitch. Twitch. Twitch. It's driving me crazy!!!! If you're looking for birthday gift ideas, I need a professional back massage something fierce.

8. Michael Crichton


Dude--Michael Crichton totally died! Apparently he had been battling cancer. I remember when I was growing reading his books (Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Congo, Sphere) was the cool thing to do. I was more interested in reading Fear Street books but I got through a few of them. Crazazy.

9. F You, and F You!


Neener neener neener!! You lost and we won! Mwa ha ha! I can't wait to get home today and watch The View just to see Elisabitch's face and to hear what she has to say. Honestly, that lady drives me crazy. She can never admit that she's wrong. She always, ALWAYS has some inane comeback to whatever the other ladies have to say against her. She can't just take something in and say "thank you. That's another side to see things. I've never thought of it that way." Apparently she was a very graceful loser and declared that will stand by Obama, but I still hate her. I kind of wish she had thrown things and pouted all show. That would've made it more fun for me.

10. I'm Gonna Be in Trubs....
By my physical therapist. My last Dr./PT appointment is today and I'm supposed to have been doing all these putty exercises to strengthen my finger, but I just haven't been doing them. I know! I know! I did them a few times, but I got bored. I have fantastic flexibility with my finger and I feel like it has gotten stronger so we'll see. I might get reprimanded, OR I might have my Dr. say that I have the "best mallet finger" he's ever seen! It could really go either way. So I have that after work, then I'm off to Anthony's and then off to Game Night! Not as exciting as an election night but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

I just hope my back freakin' stops twitching before then...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's condolEnces, not condolAnces.

Where in the World is Kevin? said...

Believe it or not, I own all of Pink's albums except this latest one. I've always liked Beyonce but don't own any of her stuff.

And I, too, wondered if mentioning 'Hillary Duff' would expose me as out of touch. But naming Miley Cyrus was just too creepy.

Mad about Prop 8. Lots of horrible stuff being said around here. You can only imagine. Fortunately the majors are anti-8, it's the non-majors and, well, 80% of Utah that's fuckin' nuts.

Great day yesterday. A new dawn. I'm very excited for the future

Heidi said...

I hate that stupid Elizabeth Hazzelbeck Falarski Useless Bitch. I have hated her since her days on Style Network. And "The look for less"

annette said...

Sad news for Erica Hahn! Especially after she went through the trouble of getting her freaky teeth fixed. I found her "leaves/trees" monologue rather moving last week. That said, she wasn't hot enough for Callie. THAT said, they need to stop straightening my girlfriend's hair because she was so much foxier when it was big and beautiful--not unlike her rockin' body.

Did you see the send up of The View on SNL last weekend? The Elisabitch impersonation gave me a good chuckle.

PS I just finished season 1 of GG. I'm hooked and I'm only marginally embarrassed to admit it.

Kristen said...

Be nice to my girl! Elisabeth has been nothing but gracous about her loss. She's a true American who believes in her country and will make the best of the situation!

Kelly said...

Is it just me, or does Beyonce look like a tranny on that cover?

Sarah said...

Annette is totally right. Erica "totally not hot enough to be on this show with beautiful doctors" was not hot enough to be ROCKIN-hot lady of the lake's GF. However, I was also super-touched by the trees/glasses monologue. I hope people recite that in high school drama classes for years to come.

As for your spelling comment, whatever. I'm all for creative spelling. If you ever feel bad about yourself, come read my blog.