Thursday, November 13, 2008

WHAT? YEAH!!! OKAY!!

With my trip to Utah looming on the horizon, I suppose it's only apropos that I've been reminded of my time there lately. Today at the gym there was an infomercial on. But not just any infomercial. This was the infomercial for.....THE MAGIC BULLET!!!!!!!

If you know anything about me, you'll know that I'm obsessed with the Magic Bullet. I mean, it can do ANYTHING! It can make smoothies, omelets, grind coffee, make salsa....it's amazing. The best part about the infomercial though, is the horrible, HORRIBLE acting by the entire cast.

It's like the oddest, most random assortment of people, all gathered in a kitchen at 8 in the morning with ingredients for salsa and pasta just hanging around? It's the most melodramatic, overacted, high school musical infomercial...and it's AMAZING. I can't tell you how many times I stayed up until 4 am in Utah watching this infomercial over and over again. If I see that it's on, I'll watch til the end. That's just how it goes. I've been wanting one of these my entire life--did I mention that next week is my birthday? ;)

Next, as I was changing after the gym, I heard a Lil' Jon song on the radio--the one where he goes "WHAT?!" "YEAH!" "OKAY!" I couldn't help but be brought back to my times at the Tavernacle where Doug and I would SHOUT that the entire night. I was also reminded how hilarious we thought Dave Chappelle's version of Prince was.

Over and over again: "shoot the ball. SHOOT THE BALL!" If you haven't seen this sketch, you need to. Dave Chappelle really has some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen on TV.

Lastly, I watched myself some "Top Chef" today.


Back when Spencer and I were working at the Utah College of Massage Therapy and I had just gotten the kitties, I used to go home for lunch every day and watch this show. I'd feed the kittens (back when they were still kittens--AW!), make myself some spaghetti-O's, and watch Top Chef. I remember it was August, things with Kelly were heating up again, I was living with my best friend, and I had kittens. One of the best times of my life!

Sure, thinking about these time back in Utah makes me melancholy for the old times and friendly faces, but also makes me happy knowing I had such lasting memories from living in a place I never wanted to move to. Also makes me excited to see everyone again after a year and a half of being away! Sigh. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go buy some candy downstairs. I wonder what would happen if you made like, a candy smoothie in the Magic Bullet....hmm....

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I have the magic bullet. It sucks. Big let down. Not nearly as good as it was in the infomercial. :(

Kelly said...

An honorable mention, score!

Katie Langston said...

Brian Bahr, your blog is KILLING me. First the Vagina/Clown Car pic, and then talking about the Magic Bullet. I actually TiVo'ed the Magic Bullet infomercial to watch over and over again!