Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Call in gay to work gay...I mean...day...I mean...oh lordy...


Apparently today is "call in sick to work day if you're gay." Because Proposition 8 passed the homos want to show the world what would happen if we weren't around. We're not supposed to buy anything, work, travel, etc. Dumbest. Idea. Ever. How about we make this "I'm showing up to work because I'm happy I got a damn job" day!? Look--I get the idea. The whole community is upset over this Prop 8 thing. But boycotting gas didn't help gas prices go down, not showing up to work isn't going to help us get marriage rights. I dunno. I support the 'mos just as much as the next guy, but I done be too happy to have my job.

R.I.P.T.R

Word on the street is that my Grey's Anatomy boyfriend, T.R. Knight, has asked to be released from his contract so that he can leave the show. I realize he hasn't had much to do this season, but come ON! You were a freakin' nobody four years ago and now you have the audacity to be all diva and ask to leave a show four seasons in? Who do you think you are--Shannon Doherty?

I don't support your decision, sir.

I would like to take this moment to acknowledge my wonderful and amazing sister, Melissa.

She made a comment to me today about how I never talk about her on the blog and I assured her it was nothing personal. I have many important people in my life I don't talk about on here--I was really just protecting your anonymity Melis. But if you want your life all exposed on the internet, then I shall speak about you much more often. Since it's "call in sick to work if you're a 'mo" day, I would like to tell you a sweet story about my sweet.......nice......hmm...no.....how about....um....complex, sister Melissa.

It was the Spring of '07, I was dating Kelly again, and things were going really well this time. Melissa was coming to Utah for a visit and I had made the decision that I was going to tell her I was gay. She was 16 at the time, and that was the age I told my brother as well, and I felt like she was mature enough to handle it (please, like she didn't already know. I had been teaching her Britney Spears dances since she was 7). We went out to breakfast with Kelly and after I dropped him off it was just she and I. Our exchange went something like this:

Brian: So you know Kelly?
Melissa: Yeah...?
Brian: Well...I'm kinda dating him.
Melissa: Okay...
Brian: And he's kinda my boyfriend.
Melissa: Okay...so you're like, gay?
Brian: Pretty much.

It was at this point that she started crying. And I felt so bad! I was like "oh boy, here we go..."

Brian: Oh no! What's wrong?! It's okay! I'm still me!
Melissa: (through tears) I just don't want you to think that I love you any less.

Is that not the cutest thing you've ever heard?! It's the reaction every homo wants to hear from their family and I'm so lucky to have two of the most amazing, accepting, and loving siblings out of anyone I know. I love you Melissa!

There. I told you I loved you in a public forum. Now can I go back to mocking you every chance I get? Thanks. :)

3 comments:

annette said...

I'd call in sick to work today, but when you're self-employed and mostly work from home it's kind of a waste.

Instead, I'll spend my time reflecting on the love I have for the gays in my life and how they deserve the same right to marriage and babies that Britney and Jamie-Lynn have.

Sarah said...

T.R. is your Grey's Anatomy boyfriend? There are so many hot men on that show and you chose T.R. For serious?

Kelly said...

"Pretty much" :)