Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blasts From the Past

On a recent Saturday night at home, I decided to take a look through some old pictures and feel sorry for myself. I took the liberty of scanning some that I found humorous for your viewing pleasure. Please to enjoy.

Bad Hair Day #1


Freshman year of college, highlighting hair with Shannon, my next door neighbor. Shannon became like a sister to me that first year and although we grew apart in the following years we never completely lost touch. I'll never forget the fun times I had that first year.

Bad Hair Day #2


For some reason I thought it was a good idea to bleach my hair Freshman year. Why didn't anyone talk me out of it? Ah well, I was young, I was in college, and it was the late 90's. I suppose that's the thing to do, eh? We've all had our share of hair bleach gone wrong (right Spenc?)


Bad Hair Day # 3


Meet Melanie. Melanie is a Morman. Melanie is a white girl. And yes, you are seeing correctly--Melanie has long braids piled on top of her head. This picture was taken at the end of year theater banquet and I wish I could say Mel had that hair for this occasion but no, she had this hair for many months prior. Hair Fail.


Timms



Sarah! I have adored this picture for years, probably because we look like a couple. Sarah was one of my favorite people that I met Freshman year and I'm so happy to be talking to her again. She's a frequent visitor to BriTunes so a shout out to Sarah!


"Pride" and Prejudice

At the time do you think any of those two boys with me were gay? Nope. Now, do you think any of those boys with me are gay? Both. When I first started at USU theater I was the only 'mo in the department and by the time I left it was littered with them. I started the trend, I did. This was taken before a performance of "Pride and Prejudice" where I played about fifteen different characters. Captain Champagne being one of them. Look at my hair--it's like a frickin' perm.

Halloween #1
This Halloween is memorable to me because it was the one year everyone was being lame and didn't want to go out. I remember Annette flip flopping between going out, and staying in, going out, staying in. In the end we all threw costumes together and went to the HOWL. Here I am with Amanda who is a lovely yodeler. Or goatherd. Or Sound of Music character. I'm not sure.
Prof.
I met many people who helped shape my life in college, but no two influenced me more than Kevin and Adrienne. They were always supportive, constructive, and taught me more about myself as an actor and a person than anyone I came across in my four years at USU. For that, I'll always be grateful! This picture makes me laugh because I was SO SICK. It was the last week of school and I had mono. I remember going to this party and wanting to hang so bad but I couldn't stop feeling like I was going to pass out. It looks like I'm embracing them, but I was probably just leaning on them so I wouldn't fall over!
Fat Girl Fever
Jamie and I would occasionally have fat girl nights where we would get food and watch bad movies. This particular fat girl night was memorable because we bought a container of whipped cream and then bought about ten random items of food and dipped everything in the whipped cream. Candy, crackers, jello, cheese, carrots......so gross. At the time it was delicious and looking back it's hilarious--best of both worlds!
Best. Story. EVER.

I love the zoo. Every summer I would convince everyone to come with me, even though nothing had changed from the year prior. This particular year I was dating Blake, and he had just had knee surgery so we rented a wheelchair to wheel him around in. Well, after a while he wanted to walk so we each took turns riding in it. Towards the end of the day I was pushing Heidi and we came across some railroad tracks, where the little zoo tram would ride on. I stopped, left Heidi on the tracks, and walked away. For some reason we all thought this was the funniest thing in the world. I think what made it so funny was Heidi's reaction to it. It's moments like those I wish my life was a reality show so I could go back and play the video. Love you Heidi!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Once upon a time I was trying to convince some guy I didn't want to date that I had a boyfriend and I was actually LOOKING for that picture to "casually" put up so he'd be like "who is that?" and I'd have to say "ooh, that's my boyfriend Brian. Isn't he cute?" thus giving boy I wasn't interested in a casual and clever clue to get the hell away from me.

Now I'd just be like "screw you, dude."

Thanks for the shout-out, love.

Becky Avery Rhead said...

I have the cutest picture of us posing in front of your "Ode to Rent" wall that you had in your dorm room freshman year. I love it with a love that is pure and true. Perhaps I will search for it and email it to you!

Spenc said...

Remember when EVERY guy used to dye his hair? What happened to that?? I feel like non of my guys dye their hair anymore...

Maybe it's because you're all going bald...

JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING DON'T BE MAD JUST KIDDING ;)

Kelly said...

*zing!*

Amanda said...

Phillip totally found me that costume at the very last minute...the perks of working in the costume shop. I make lederhosen look goooood!

Anonymous said...

First: I soooo remember your bleached hair. Even better, your blue hair. That's when I met you. Oh good time, great oldies. Please don't ever dye your hair blue again!

Second: So proud to be part of your "Blasts From The Past"! I loved Fat Girl Nights. I am not sure we went as far as dipping crackers in whip cream, but I do remember jello. Oh the jello... and cheese. Wow, weird.

Third: Mel, I remember that hair-don't. You're the only one I know who could walk into a room with it.

Fourth: "I teach from a book called..." A memory I will never forget! Gotta love P&P, and Captian "Champagne"!

Jamie

Kevin Doyle said...

Thanks for the honor of being in one of the pictures. I'm you're biggest fan over 40. (Oh, hell - okay, over 50.)

(I feel like a proud papa.)

annette said...

I have no recollection of flip-flopping on that Halloween. I do, however, recall the Howl being lame. LAME. We should have had our own dance party in my living room.

PS Most of the men I made out with/dated from UST (and basically from when I was a teenager up until the age of 22) have since come out of the closet. You think you started the trend, but really I just drove them to it...No, wait...I don't like the sound of that at all...

PPS Amander + lederhosen = YOWZA!!!!

Heidi said...

That is one of the worst pics of me ever. It was like 400 degrees that day. The main thing I learned from that day is that if you want everyone to move so you can see up close in the monkey cage, get a weelchair. Also remember the fake fight you and Spencer had in the giftshop? You were mad because he bumped you in his chair. Good times indeed.

SB said...

Wow! I'm honored to be mentioned in your Blast from the Past blog! That was the funnest year ever for me! I've driven through Logan a few times since and my heart aches with nostalgia. I have always been and will always be one of your biggest cheerleaders. Even if it's from afar! PS: When did EVT come out? I had a BIG crush on him too. Remember Our Town?

sexy said...

情趣用品,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片

情趣用品,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊

情趣用品,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影

A片,aio,av女優,av,av片,aio交友愛情館,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,視訊聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,情色視訊,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,視訊,免費視訊,美女交友,成人交友,聊天室交友,微風論壇,微風成人,sex,成人,情色,情色貼圖,色情,微風,聊天室尋夢園,交友,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊辣妹,一夜情

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品
情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品.情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣

情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,A片,A片,情色,情色,A片