Thursday, January 8, 2009

Finally--it pays to be gay


Well it's official and so that means I can finally post it here. Starting the week of January 26th, I will be blogging for the Tyra Banks Show! I'll be featured twice a month in an article/column about dates I've gone on, being a 'mo in the big city, or just advice for dating in general. In addition to that, I will be the Tyra Show Communities "Resident Gay" meaning that girls will send me pictures of outfits and I'll tell them if they match, or they'll ask me advice about guys and I'll tell them the honest answer that maybe their best friend or boyfriend wouldn't. They're going to talk about my column on the January 22nd show "ask a gay guy."

I think this is so exciting but I'm a bit nervous. What if I have nothing to say? Is it a problem that I'm currently on a ManFast? Do I have to actually date people to write about dating? Does this mean I have to find a boyfriend? Oh man.....the pressure!

I"m super excited for this opportunity and for the exposure. Before you know it, I'll be a guest judge on Top Model!!!

13 comments:

SB said...

OMG!! That is so cool! I've always thought that you should be getting paid for your blogs! How did this happen? Did you have to apply or what?

Silly Billy said...

OMG Brian that is awesome! Yay!

And I am soooo gonna pretend to be a 14 year old girl from Alabama named LaVonda who sends in letters to the "Resident Gay" asking for sexual advice.

Hiba said...

You're like the 2009 gay version of Carrie Bradshaw. Go you!

annette said...

I'm so happy for you! What a fantastic job! Getting paid for being you--smart, funny and sassy. I love it.

Miyon said...

OMG!!! We have to talk ALL about it!!! You'll be great and don't worry about not having anything to say hon....we know you've always got something on your mind ;) Awe, from our 'token gay guy' to Trya's - you're moving up in the world!

Laurie said...

brian! congrats! haha i'm just going to "ditto" Silly Billy and and Hiba...they took the words out of my mouth...except I'll go by Whitney Beers :)

So proud of you, Bri!

Yasi said...

Shut up! We have to celebrate!

doug said...

You're going to do a great job! And I wouldn't worry at all - you know these token gay gigs are primarily about "let's laugh at the funny way gay guys say things" and only secondarily about "let's see if this guy really has some useful advice for us." So I never thought I'd offer you this advice, but Brian, just go out there and be as stereotypically gay as you can possibly be. :)

Proud of you = me. Plus infinity.

Where in the World is Kevin? said...

How can you be worried about having nothing to say when you write like you do every single day? If anything, you'll have more material than you'll know what to do with.

You'll be great.

(I hope at some point you give me some credit, knowing what a great influence I've been on you - ;) )

Ramsey said...

HURRAY! This is so exciting!! I am so happy for you :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!!! I agree with the Carrie Bradshaw comments: That's exactly what I thought!!! We need to get out our old Halloween pics if you as Carrie. I am so glad random strangers will get the same advice and sass we've gotten for so many years!!! I am so so so happy for you!!!

Love Ya,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

OMG - That is SO GREAT I'll def. tivo the Tyra show that day and I'll be sure to keep up with you on there!! Congrats Sweetie - Now you really are Carrie!

XOXO Q

Brooke said...

Wow Brian that is FANTASTIC!