Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Things

So everyone on Facebook has been doing this "Random 25 Things about you" note and due to the fact that my Internet isn't working at home right now (Grrr....) I have decided to post my list here. My apologies if it's not random or interesting enough, but it's a Tuesday. And ya'll know how much I hate Tuesday's....

1. I have an insecurity about literally every part of my body. From head to toe I can tell you something I don't like about myself. Except for my nose. I don't know why, I can't explain it, I have just always thought my nose was perfect.

2. When I was 6 years old, I sat in a wagon full of Earwigs. Ever since, I have been terrified of bugs.

3. I love New York, but sometimes I doubt if my decision to move here was the right one.

4. College really was the best time of my life and I've never worked harder than I worked to achieve my theater degree. Looking back, however, I wish I had picked a different major.

5. I have an unnatural obsession with candy. I really think I have some kind of sugar deficiency because I crave it almost all the time. I can't remember ever NOT liking candy. I'm also almost always hungry and I get mad at myself for this fact.

6. One of the hardest things for me is making, and keeping, friends. I've also never been in a friendship where the other person needed me more than I needed them. Maintaining healthy friendships is my biggest challenge in life and I feel like my need to feel accepted has sabotaged me the majority of my life.

7. I truly believe I know some of the funniest people on the planet.

8. I have the hardest time accepting compliments except for the compliment that I'm a good kisser. If there's one thing I know I'm good at, it's kissing.

9. My brother is the single greatest person I know and is the only one I have never felt judged by. I aspire to be more like him every day.

10. I used to HATE, HATE, HATE being called "Bri." Now I think it's one of the greatest things someone can call me because to me it means that we're at a comfortable place. Also loved? "Briskey" and "Bri-Bri."

11. Growing up, I played almost every organized sport you can think of. Tennis, baseball, football, bowling, soccer, etc. I was forced to play every one and hated every moment of it. All I wanted to do was take tap lessons.

12. I once won a karaoke contest on a cruise ship by singing "Like a Virgin." It was like, a week long competition and pretty competitive. I won best Male performance. Still one of my proudest achievements to this day.

13. I've been in many relationships and have been in love many times but have only met two men whom I truly believe I could spend the rest of my life with.

14. I worked at the zoo in Michigan two years in a row. The second year I was fired for innapropriate conduct. The sad thing? I wasn't getting paid--I was a volunteer.

15. I hate the smell of rain and cut grass and I can't explain why.

16. I love bananas, but hate banana flavored things. I love green apples, but hate green apple taste. I love peaches, but hate peach flavored things. I love chocolate, but hate chocolate flavored things.

17. When my parents told me they were having a baby, I started to cry. I was eating corn. When they asked why I was crying I said "because I know how it was made." I've been embarrassed about saying this ever since and feel stupid knowing my parents went in the other room and laughed about it. I've always been a bit sensitive.

18. I am the skinniest I have ever been, the most toned I have ever been, and have never been more self-conscious of my body.

19. I knew nothing about fashion until Freshman year when my best friend taught me how to dress. It was one of the greatest and worst things to happen to me because I've been critical of my outfits ever since.

20. The summer of 2004 was the greatest summer of my life. Late night game nights, drinking, dancing, not a care in the world. I long to have that kind of feeling, that kind of summer, and those kind of friendships again.

21. I am absolutely positive I suffer from some sort of ADD.

22. I wish there was something I was great at. I don't have anything. I think I'm a "good" singer, a "good" dancer, a "good" writer, a "good" speaker, a "good" actor. I think I'm "good" at relationships. I think I'm "good" looking. I'm so so so tired of being "good."

23. My favorite thing in life is making people laugh, especially my family. I know I've said something funny when I make three people laugh from the gut: My dad, Kelly, and Spencer. They're all tough sells. Something I hate the most is the "pity laugh." If I didn't say something funny, don't laugh at it! It's as simple as that!

24. I am a music freak and have been to so many concerts and musicals. I've seen Rent 13 times, In the Heights and Xanadu 6 times, Alanis in concert 7 times, Tori Amos 6 times, John Mayer 4, the list goes on and on. I consider myself lucky to have met both Alanis and Tori and the fact that I housesit for one of my childhood idols still blows my mind.

25. Something I like the most about myself is that I'm able to find joy in the little things. A game night. A new episode of Gossip Girl. Coffee ice cream. Half priced beer. A good blog post. A random text message. No matter what shit is happening in my life, I try to find the fun, the good things, the little victories in each moment. It's a struggle but I find that by doing so I adapt a more positive attitude and in turn more positive things come my way!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog. And you are great at making melissa angry....which is hilarious. And you are great at drinking. You just give me shoutouts to keep me coming back and GD it works.
Your Brother PatRICK j

*bear said...

my list for you:

1. you are one of the funniest people i know.
2. you are the most entertaining karaoke performer that I have ever seen.
3. you can actually sing!
4. way to get some sleep! you do not look tired today. ....and you don't have nothing to worry about concerning your looks.

Justine said...

I want to say I feel for you but no... you have an amazing family, you can rock a bowtie like no other, you have amazing talents (note the pluralization), awesome friends, and an absolutely amazing future sister-in-law. And to top it all off, you're in New York. You're a very, very lucky man.

Love.

SB said...

You are "great" at many things, my friend. You are a great blogger. The best. So there.