Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This and That

Today, my heart has been warmed by

Koala
Um.....that's a koala. In the wild. Being given water. While holding the firefighter's hand. I know some of you out there aren't crazy about feelings, but I'm willing to guess that you just felt a little somethin' somethin'. There's also a video of him finding the koala, which you can check out here


Brittania

I had a little phone convo with British Ben today! I consider myself very lucky that we get to chat every now and then because I really miss him. I can't believe he's only been gone a week and a half because it feels like at least a month since he's been gone (cue Kelly Clarkson here). He has an interview with a company in London on Friday and so the plan is for him to get it, then he'll move to London, get established, and then in May Page Six and I will come out and visit him and then....well I don't know what then but the end of the story is that we'll live happily ever after. Life works like that, right? Right?


Today, my heart has really enjoyed

Marcy Harriell in "In the Heights"



Last night Page Six and I saw "In the Heights," which was amazing. I was so excited to see it again, but mostly for the fact that Marcy Harriell was in it. Now, I'm sure none of you know who I'm talking about but there might be one or two Rentheads out there who know of her. I remember growing up and her being a big deal because she was the one who took over for Daphne Rubin-Vega when Daphne left. Daph was the first member of the OBC to leave so I've always thought that Marcy's time in Rent would have been pretty interesting but I was also in love with her "Out Tonight" so I was really excited to see what she would do with a different show.
Marcy in "In the Heights" was AMAZING. She lacked a little of the sexuality that Karen Olivo brought to it, but her voice was stellar, she danced great, and sang the shit out of the part. It was really cool to finally see her in a show. Upon looking at her theater history, I saw that she starred in "Lennon" way back in 2005. I know the show didn't do well but the people in the show--Will Chase, Mandy Gonzalez (now in ITH), Julia Murney, Chad Kimbell, Terrance Manning---how did this show only last one month!!

RuPaul's Drag Race, on LOGO


RuPaul having a competition to see who the best drag queen is? Sounds super homo, right? Well it is. But it's also HILARIOUS. Totally campy, totally ridiculous, and kind of amazing. WATCH IT.


This article about the origin of certain Muppets


Today, my heart is excited for



Sour Patch Kids



I'm going to get some right after I finish this post.


DC DOUG

He comes in TWO DAYS!!!!! I am so fruckin' excited, I can't even stand it.

Today, my heart is HATING:

I keep thinking it's Thursday
Meetings
The gym
I'm tired
Meeting planning
Travel planning
British Ben is in London
Real Estate
It's only Wednesday

But really, that's all. Nothing I can't handle!!!

No comments: