Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bad Hair Days @ USU

Chrislynn posted these on her blog and I just had to steal--they were too good to pass up.

During my Junior year up at Utah State, Phil had the great idea to go and get "family portraits" taken at the Smiths. Now, you always have your family and that's one thing. But for me, at college, I had my family. The people I could tell anything to, the people I was around 24/7, the people that made my life just a little bit better. So it was fitting that the people included in these pictures truly were my family while at college. I'm happy to say that I have kept in touch with 99% of them (seriously Phil, where ARE you?!), even talking to a couple of them every few days. To have survived almost 7 years (oh Jesus, 7!?) of being apart and you still talk and like each other? That's true friendship.


Who: knew that Amanda was pregnant this day? Not me!
What: did Eric smell?
Why: are Annette's eyes so squinty?
Where: am I looking? And why does my face look so jacked?
When: did Chrislynn get so foxy?! Meow!

A picture of the ladies...

I love....
--Annette's face.
--the Bearskin rug Cassandra is laying on.
--that someone always smells something funky. This time, it's Chrislynn's turn.
--these ladies, none of whom are single. ("wow, that's the first time I've ever said that"...sex and the city reference).
--the backdrop, so early 90's middle school.


And the boys....

In 2002 Eric...
--was "straight"
--thought it was a good idea to do his hair like that
--lived in Utah
In 2009 Eric...
--likes the mens (please, we all knew).
--had adorable hair! (but is is going grey, neener neener)
--lives in New York.
In 2002 Brian...
--liked the mens (though unsuccessfully)
--thought it was a good idea to do his hair like that (and the crooked eyebrow/smile thing that I did for EVERY picture that year)
--lived in Utah
In 2009 Brian...
--likes the mens (still unsuccessfully)
--notices that his hair still looks like that sometimes, just thinner...
--lives in New York.
In 2002 Phil.....
--was "straight"
--thought it was a good idea for him to do his hair like that
--lived in Utah
In 2009 Phil...
--likes the men (successfully)
--Hopefully has moved on from that hairstyle (I haven't seen him in so long!)
--still lives in Utah. Well, at least he is in a successful relationship.....
Our "prop" picture...
Annette is... practicing for "Drumline: Part 2"
Chrislynn is... holding a dinosaur egg? Seriously--what is that shit? A softball? A mini-volleyball?
Brian is... calling Jenny Craig. Look at how chunky I look!
Amanda is... hinting to us that she'll be playing with kids toys in 9 short months.
Phillip is... probably making some inappropriate joke involving mitts and balls....
Cassandra is... really stoned in this picture apparently.
Eric is... foreshadowing his future lifestyle choice of "playing the flute." We all shoulda seen it coming. I did....
This picture...
I'm not going to make fun of. I actually framed it way back in 2002 and still have it framed and on my wall to this day. Well, when I have a wall and am not just squatting at a friends' apartment. Someone asked me once if this was my family and if Phil and Cassandra were our parents. I'm not really sure how that's even possible as P and C don't look old enough to raise all four of us...like...at all. But whatever. He wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch. "Yes," I replied, "that's my family." (cue cheesy Full House/Golden Girls credit music here)

5 comments:

The Godfrey's said...

OH I miss you terrably! I really really love your wonderful comments on life. you once said in an email about me, "I wish I could put you in my pocket and carry you around." Now I say those things to you.

annette said...

Love it. AND love you.

Amanda said...

Oh Briskey! You make me laugh SO hard! I love you SO much! I miss you SO much!

Kevin Doyle said...

That whole group dripped creativity and life.

A real high point in USU Theatre IMHO.

Chrislynn said...

Your post on this subject was MUCH better than mine! Love you! I hope you find a place soon. We still aren't sure, but we may end up in the city soon.