Tuesday, March 17, 2009

No He Didn't....

Oooooooooooh lordy, do I have a story for ya'll.
So last night was dodgeball--super fun, yay, good times, blah blah blah. We went to Musical Mondays afterwards where I, yet again, defied gravity (oy.) After a (very loud) debate about American Idol with Steve on the Subway, I headed back to Anthony's about 1:00 am. As you may or may not know, I'm pet/housesitting and am taking care of three cats: Emma (4? 5?), Spike (2), and Sebastian (19). Now, throughout the day I had noticed that Sebastian wasn't eating much, but still seemed to be doing okay. After dodgeball, however, it appeared he had taken a turn for the worse. He was REALLY slow and lethargic and breathing really heavy breaths.

I could tell that something was up, so I called the vet to see what I should do. They said as long as he ate and drank that day (which he did, even though it was a small amount) that there wasn't much to do at that point in the night (2:30am) and to make sure he was comfortable and to come in in the morning. So I put him on a pillow, and just sat with him for a bit, stroking his paw. Wouldn't you know it, four big breaths later homeboy up and DIED!!!!!!

I just couldn't believe it. I mean, as recently as that afternoon he was totally fine!! So of course then I had to call Anthony and give him the bad news. Yeah....THAT was a fun phone call. He was understanding and asked me to have him cremated. Well, seeing as it was coming on 4 in the morning, I had to find a place to put him til morning. I took my Ben Sherman box, placed him in there.....and put him in the freezer.


I had to!!! It's not like I had a cooler just sittin' around to put him in. Anyway, in the freezer her went, to the vet he went in the morning, and I'll be getting him back in about 7-10 days. Anthony is doing okay, but I know it's hard to have this happen while he's away. Anyway, Peace Out Sebastian.

What is it with me and cats lately? I mean Jesus!!

A very Happy Birthday shout out to Kaka Kido, the original Harajuku girl. I shall be seeing her bitchassness tonight for a little BDay/St. Patrick's Day celebration. Huzzah!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope this doesn't ruin your relationship with A Rapp like it did with Dwight and Angela...

Anonymous said...

I know you didn't!!! I love you :)
Smooches...Kido