Thursday, May 28, 2009

And Away We Go

Last night, I was lucky enough to attend a screening of "Away We Go," with Page Six.


For those of you who don't know, "Away We Go" is the new movie from "Revolutionary Road" director (and husband of Kate Winslet) Sam Mendes. It stars John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph (yes, THAT Maya Rudolph) and has a supporting cast of Allison Janney, Jeff Daniels, Catherine O'Hara, and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Can I just tell you--O.M.G. This movie was amazing. No, scratch that, it was aMAHzing. Tender, BEAUTIFUL, insightful, funny, an awesome soundtrack...it was some good stuff. Biggest surprise?


Maya Rudolph can sorta kinda act! I don't know that she's going to go on gettin' any Oscars or anything but I was pleasantly surprised with her performance. She gave an absolute realness to her character that it absolutely needed. She has always been one of my favorites on SNL so it was really nice to see her do something different.

Also fantastic?

Jim Halpert himself! While yes, much of John's performance was very "Jim from the Office," I think that's just his acting style. He was cute, endearing, and completely charismatic on that screen.

The movie had an awesome supporting cast with some really great moments. Maggie Gyllenhaal played a HILARIOUSLY outrageous "cousin" of John Krasinski's character.


And might I just say that she looked pretty fantastic in this movie as well.

Also amazing (as ALWAYS) was Catherine O'Hara as John's mom.

Serious, there's not much this woman can't do. The same goes for Allison Janney's character who was so completely over the top and outrageous, it was insane. I enjoyed every moment she was on screen.


This movie is a little bit "Garden State, Part 2" but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's so heartwarming, heartbreaking, and sweet I encourage everyone, nay, I IMPLORE you to buy tickets when it is released next Friday. You'll thank me for it.

Only a few hours left to get in your answers for the "How Well Do you Know Brian" quiz!! Answers will be posted this afternoon. I'm talking to YOU Amanda, Pat, and Kevin!

No comments: