Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Being special makes you special...right?

First things first:

GLEE!!! Who watched? Who loved? Thoughts? There are many, many reasons why I loved 'Glee' and why I think it's going to be one of Fall's best new series. Here are just a few of them:

1. There Must Be Some Toros in the Atmosphere:


They opened the show with a cheerleading routine from "Bring It On." Now if that's not genius, I don't know what is.

2. Jane Lynch



Nearly perfection in everything she does, to hear her shout "I'm living with hepatitis, now that's hard!" was a dream come true for me.


3. Matt Morrison
Matt. Shirtless. Within the first ten minutes. Now if that's not an indication a show will be great, I don't know what is.
4. Lea Michelle
Belting "On My Own?" Chills EVERY time. I'm so happy we'll get a chance to hear her sing every week.
5. Using a Cripple for Comedy
Ain't nothin' wrong with that!
6. Locker Room scenes
Again, ain't nothin' wrong with that! Who can spot Miley Cyrus' boyfriend?
7. Cory Monteith
Sure he's not as vocally trained as Lea and sure he may have alien eyes, but there's something about him that I'm kiiiiiiinda sorta in love with.
8. Mom Jeans
Do mom jeans need to happen for a reason? Loves it.
9. This Kid
"Honey." Amazing.
10. Sassy Black Girl
Every show needs one and with the phrase "I'm Beyonce, I AIN'T no Kelly Rowland," I think we've found ours.
11. SPK
Another great phrase uttered on "Glee": "Hmm...I wonder if they have Sour Patch Kids." Oh, my darling Finn, I also wonder that every day.
12. No, No, No
A musical performance to "Rehab?" Yes please.
13. Emo
A monologue by Matt describing how "Show choir was the last time I can remember being happy?" Hello TEARS. I've watched this episode probably a good 8 times and I've teared up every single time. Get's me.
I was actually surprised by the range that Matt showed. I didn't know he was that great of an actor but when he showed up at the kids' performance with tears in his eyes? I just wanted to give him a hug.
14. Don't.
15. Stop.
16. BELIEVIN'
Have I listened to this song about 50 times? Why, yes I have. I do believe it's the first time I've ever really loved a Journey song. Perhaps there's something to be said for those classic 80's songs...but only when sung by show choirs, of course.
I'm saying this for your own good--go watch Glee. You won't regret it.

The network upfronts were this week and for those of you who don't know what those are (mom) it's when the networks reveal their new shows and fall schedules. Well I am DEVASTATED to report that both Samantha Who?


AND Privileged

were both CANCELLED!! Major Sad Face. Okay, sure, I very often times missed Samantha Who (it conflicted with too many shows on my DVR!) and sometimes Privileged stayed on my DVR for weeks at a time.....but I loved them both very much! Why is it always the shows that I liked that get canceled? Boo. Hoo. Boo AND Hoo. That's why I'm begging you to watch Glee--I don't want to see it go the way of brilliant shows in the past that were prematurely canceled.

American Idol tonight--who's ready to see Glambert crowned as Queen?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also liked Samantha who and thanks for explaining.

SB said...

I LOVED Glee. It's going to be hard to wait until fall. Tell me about Lea Michelle. What else has she done? I could listen to her sing all day long.

Melissa said...

#9. amazing:)

Anonymous said...

we are so similar it kills me - "I'm Beyonce!" - Oh GRRRROWWWLL! Killing ME! LOVE THIS SHOW!

XOXO
Q

Anonymous said...

glad both of those shows are gone, finally someone had the right idea to stop wasting money on shows that sit on our dvrs, sorry.

Sarah said...

Glee... LOVES. I have watched it three times. Since last night. AMAZING. I can't wait until it's on EVERY week!