Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nein...I mean...Nine

Now, ya'll know I love me some musicals. But admitedly, I know very little about the musical "Nine." I know that it's about a director who falls in love with all kinds of women...I think? I know that the revival starred Antonion Banderas and Jane Krakowski...and that's about it. However, the trailer for the movie was just released





And HOLY SHIT, I think I just wet my pants. With an all-star cast (Daniel Day-Lewis, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench, Sophia Loren, Marion Coitllard, Kate Hudson) this is sure to be a fantastic movie along the lines of "Chicago," "Dreamgirls," and yes, "Hairspray." "Rent?" Not s'much.

You can check it out here. And yes, that is Fergie singing the song featured. That girl can blow!

2 comments:

*bear said...

looks good! must be based on the life of director Frederico Felini?

Kevin Doyle said...

Lil's almost right - based on Fellini's '8 1/2' about an Italian film director bothered/tortured by his past. Some thought it might be autobiographical.

Two interesting things...
1 - a friend of mine was in the recent Broadway revival. She got to kiss Antonia Banderas (long and serious) every performance.

2 - The Actors From the London Stage were at USU in February and one of them had been in a stage production of HAMLET with Daniel Day Lewis in the 90s or late 80s. He said Day-Lewis, playing Hamlet, was certifiable. He had to be removed from the production when they were performing at the old city walls in Dubrovnik, Croatia at a theatre festival and Day-Lewis thought he actually was talking to his own dead father when the ghost of Hamlet's father shows up. He started banging his head against a stone wall until he knocked himself out and was bleeding profusely. He also hit people for real (when he was 'in character') and dangled 90 feet over the stage from set pieces no one was supposed to hold on to as they weren't built to hold any weight. He said every night was an adventure and was glad when they had to replace Day-Lewis (after the head-banging incident).

I don't want to believe that you have to be nuts to be a good/exciting actor.