Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday Tunes


I've been toying with the idea of having a "Tuesday Tunes" and introducing the BriTunes readers to what music I'm loving at that moment but it never really came to fruition. Well, with the release of Mika's new single "We Are Golden" I finally decided that it was too good to keep to myself. If you don't know Mika, you NEED to. His first cd "Life in Cartoon Motion"





was like, the soundtrack of my life back in 2007 when I moved from Utah to Ohio. I'm sure everyone has heard the song "Grace Kelly" but there are so many other great gems from this album, including "Lollipop," "Love Today," and "Happy Ending." "Happy Ending" actually kills me - such a gorgeous song. So far you can check out "We Are Golden" at Perez here or on Mika's website here. Such great stuff!

In other Tuesday Tunes news, the latest VH1 Divas roster has been released.

Miley, Kelly, Adele, Leona Lewis......f'real? I mean, I like all of them (LOVE me some Kelly and Adele) but when I think of "Diva's" their names don't really come to mind. Whatever happened to Whitney, Cher, and Celine? Now THOSE are some Diva's. I can see how VH1 is trying to get some 2009 Diva's but truthfully I'm not sure that they exist. Do you think they got it right casting Kelly, etc. or are there other modern "Divas" you'd like to see?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not have agreed more. Love Kelly, who I think is the only Diva on there, but trade Adele for Mary J Blige, trade Miley for Gwen Stefani, and trade Leona for Carrie Underwood, and you got yourself, pop, r&b, country, and rock.

Spenc said...

Don't get me wrong -- LOVE all the ladies here. But doing a Diva's concert sans Beyonce or Carrie Underwood? That just ain't right.

Have they already participated in one or something? Why weren't they included??

Iknowaboutpopular said...

Anyone who would trade Adele has clearly never seen her in concert. Her voice is amazing. She sings with a maturity well beyond her years. I like the idea of a younger Divas Live. But Miley... Really? Miley? WTF?

Anonymous said...

Nothing but agreements around....I'm glad that VH1 is trying to get new blood in - but a diva cannot be based on just 1 album. Except for Miley (get the rusty spoon away from my wrists...), I LOVE all of these performers and i will probably enjoy the show - but where are the BIG names to go along with it - you can't tell me Aretha & Whitney are too busy to make an appearance.

XOXO Q