Tuesday, August 11, 2009

DAYUM!!

I've never been very outspoken towards Miss Angie Jolie - don't love her, don't hate her. She kicked ass in Mr. and Mrs. Smith, gives good hair, and adopts lots of kids. I mean really, what is there to say? But last night at the premiere of Braddy's new movie "Inglorious Bastahds" or however he's spelling it, she looked something FIIIIIIIIIERCE!



The look on her face leaves something to be desired but the dress? Love. Pockets? Love. Shoes? Love. Work it biatch. While I still prefer Brad and Jen together (I like my Jolie with a side of Billy Bob Thorton crazy) they did look great together on the red carpet.



Seriously Brad. The old man goatee? Gotsta go.



It came to my attention this morning that today is the 10th anniversary of when a tornado struck downtown Salt Lake City.



Story time!!!


First of all, I cannot beleive it has been 10 years. 10 years and yet...I haven't aged a day. It's funny, even thought 10 years has passed that day is still fresh in my memory. It was the summer before collge and my friends Mike, Nick and I were planning on going to Provo to some like, Raging Waters waterpark type shit or something. The tornado happened at like, 12:40 or something and I distinctly remember that we stopped in downtown for lunch at 12:15 and left at like, 12:35. As it was though, I never actually saw the tornado happening and only heard about it when we got to Provo. We ended up stopping to visit some of their friends at BYU before the waterpark and Mike and Nick got distracted by them and the tornado so we never ended up going to the waterpark. Bathing suit. Towel over my shoulder. Ready to go. And we never went. Talk about disappointment! Stupid tornado, stupid BYU, stupid Mike and Nick. Okay Salt Lakers - where were you when the tornado hit?!!


Ten Years......Ai Dios Mio....


Last night was a Dodgeball Open Play and we all had a blast. It's no secret I'm pretty awful at the game itself but every now and then I have a rock star moment. Picture this: I'm the last person on the court from my team. The other team has three people and three balls. They throw all of them at me at once. I jump up, grab one ball, and the other two through my legs as I'm twisting in the air. I imagine it looked something like this:



As far as the after party is concerned...well...all I have to say is "lesbians on poles."



Yeah.......about that.....

6 comments:

Chrislynn said...

Tornado day I was driving to the airport to see a friend who was flying in. As I merged from I-15 to I-215 I looked toward SLC and thought, "Those clouds look scary, maybe it's a tornado . . . yeah right, like there would be a tornado in Salt Lake." Then rain started falling so hard that I could not see the road in front of me, and I thought I was going to die. When I got to the airport I saw the news reports about the tornado in downtown. I couldn't believe it! What a crazy day.

Anonymous said...

At home...most likely eating wondering why my brother wouldn't take me to raging waters with him.

Charlotte said...

I was babysitting in the aves. The mom called and told me she could see a tornado from the windows at her work up at Huntsman and wanted me to get myself and her daughter into the basement. I asked if there were spiders down there. yes, given the option between spiders and death from a tornado - I choose death from a tornado.

Spenc said...

I was in rehearsal. My group, "Stand Out" was getting ready to go on tour and were puttuing in 10 hour days at the studio. Ah, good times :) We had no idea it had happened until one of the guy's mom showed up and told us about it. CRAZY!

Also, you rocked the shit out of dball last night. I was screaming my face off when you made that catch -- AH MAH ZING

And that lesbian? She was fiiiierce. Remember when Eric wanted to dance off and she cooter-slammed the shit out of the floor. UNREAL.

Anonymous said...

though not living in Utah at the time - My cousin was a SLC police officer at the time and was downtown when it hit. Very emotional day waiting to hear if he was ok.

PS Spenc - L.O.L. "Cooter Slam" - someone please tell me there is video...

XOXO Q

Sarah said...

I was at the Provo temple when the tornado hit. and when I came out of the temple I heard on the radio that there had been a tornado at the temple and kept thinking "dudes, I was totally there and didn't hear anything." but luckily it was a different temple. (we should have gone to a water park together after... we were like blocks away from each other)