Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Shame! I'm Gonna Live Forever....

My name is Brian, and I'm a Pop Music-aholic. Before I admit my secret shame, please keep in mind that it pains me to hear this musician sing live and I kiiiiiiinda think she looks like an alien. That being said.....

...I'm a little in love with Taylor Swift's new song "You Belong With Me." At least that's what I think it's called. Maybe it's "You Belong TO Me" or something to that effect but I care little to look it up right now. I heard the song for the first time at Spring Break Long Island Part 2: The Duel but the more and more that I hear it now....the more and more it grows on me. I'm so ashamed. Speaking of people who should be ashamed....



Miley Cyrus has a new song called "Party in the U.S.A." What a completely riDICUlous song title!! What a completely RiDICUlous song and artist! What a RIDICULOUSLY fun song!



I know Miley, I know. I'm shocked too. You're slowly finding a way to work yourself into my heart and I don't like it one bit.



Why can't I shake this suspicion that Miley and Taylor are conspiring together against me? Hmm.....


In addition to my Miley and Taylor shame, I have a food shame to share. Last night was a dodgeball night and, as always, we went out after. I'd had a protein shake late in the day so I wasn't really hungry for dinner before (a few jelly beans sufficed) and didn't eat anything after either. Needless to say, drinking on an empty stomach isn't the greatest and can leave you quite hungry. I woke up in the morning and.....


...found an empty bag of beef jerky next to me. WTF???!!! Since when do I like beef jerky? Since when do I EAT beef jerky? I felt so guilty. I felt so ashamed. I felt a strange craving for more beef jerky.


Something I'm NOT ashamed of....

...is my love for A & E's "Intervention." That's some good shit right there. I've worked my way through the episodes available on Hulu and was delighted yesterday to discover that A & E's website had episodes available to view. Huzzah! What a lovely surprise - it's like I'm walking on sunshine!


A & E provided me with another treat this morning when I was introduced to one of their new shows - "Hoarders."


Basically it's the story of crazy people who keep all kinds of shit and have their houses look like this:

I'm telling you, pure brilliance. This is sure to provided hours of mindless entertainment. Thank you A & E. Thank you for everything.
People - Mika. New York. October 16th. Who's with me??!!!

2 comments:

Spenc said...

Youtube search "Party in the FIP"

I want to know those boys. BRILLS.

Q said...

As you know we share most of the same shame...but I draw the line at Miley.

XOXO