Thursday, August 27, 2009

Uh.....I'm Good, Thanks.

So my friend Vinny altered me to something called "Groupon" a few months ago. Basically I get an email with a special coupon to something in the New York area. It can range from spa visits to boat tours to beer tasting...really random. Well the Groupon for today is a certain amount off of some hair salon in the city. But there was something in the description of the salon that stood out to me. See if you can notice it.

And I quote: " Usually, treating yourself to one of the world's best salons is reserved for American television actor Patrick Duffy..." Really? Really? You talk about American television actor's an the best you can come up with is PATRICK DUFFY?



I mean, I don't know that I want to base my hair on someone who starred in a show called "Step by Step."


Remember that show? That show was the shit but good LORD did they have a lot of characters on there.


What I also love about "Step by Step" is that looking back on it now, I realize that it filled more stereotypes than "The BabySitter's Club." For instance, we have the classic mom and dad, and we have

The hot jock who constantly get's in trouble


The Ditz who never get's the joke

The fat younger brother who never get's an interesting storyline


The Lesbian


The nerd


The bitch


And the idiot. Who in actuality was quite hot. But MAN, back in the day I hated him so much....

Oh, "Step by Step." You are forever timeless.....

6 comments:

annette said...

Is it me or does that last guy look like a younger, less beardy Matthew Fox? Or have I just been watching too many Party of Five episodes lately?

Vinny said...

I haven't been mentioned in a post in MONTHS. Gosh, it feels good, haha.

Sarah said...

I just saw this show on television yesterday and it brought back so many memories. lol. Ah, childhood.

Kelly said...

The bitch was my fave :)

Q said...

this show as well as that crazy one starring Mary Martin & her glass eye were coincidentally a hot topic of convo during my Utah trip - weird....

Jay said...

oh the idiot was gorgeous!