Friday, December 11, 2009

A Christmas Story

Sigh. I'm totally Jenna.

Every year Jenna gets the solo and this year they were going to give it to Cheynne Jackson's character. Until Jenna says:

"Fine, I'm terrible at Christmas because I never had a nice one. Sometimes my mom would take us to see Santa Claus but that's just because she suspected one of them was my deadbeat dad. So I had to get on every Santa's lap in the Bakersfield area and scream "you outta be ashamed of yourself Travis!"
And then I'd sing carols in the middle of Sears just to distract everyone while my mom shoplifted. And those few minutes when I was singing carols, that was the one part of Christmas I liked. And now you've taken that away from me. "
So he sings off-key and she has the solo.

And I liked that part. And the speech. And I'm ready to go home. The end. Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: