Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It Lives!!

So yeah, blah blah blah, I had surgery.


Honestly, and I never thought I'd say this, I'm a bit sick of talking about it. Like, yeah, my arm's in a sling "oh my god what happened" but I can only say the same thing over and over without sounding like a broken record. However, I feel like I owe it to you, the BriTunes readers of the world, to give you a few details. Cause I know you're all on pins and needles. Or at the very least, pins.


*The surgery went fine on Tuesday. Apparently the tear in my shoulder was larger than they anticipated but they sewed it up and la dee da. I had a bit of nasuea coming out of recovery but I'm happy to say I did not throw up (doesn't mean I didn't gag my brains out). Don't remember saying anything too crazy, although I did ask for water and a hamburger more than once. More-O was there with me throughout the day and honestly, I can't express how amazing he was. It was really scary as I'd never had surgery before but having him there was very calming, and needed!


*They done gave me a shot in my NECK!!! I had an IV (which I hate) but they also needed to give me a nerve block to numb the right side of my body. And they have to administer this shot IN YOUR NECK. Freaks me out just thinking about it.

*They made me wear a silly hat. Like, f'real, made me.


I tried taking it off but they made me put it back on, the bastards. Still, I made sure I looked surgery fierce.

*The pain was pretty instense on Wednesday and Thursday. I learned that one Vicodin just doesn't cut it, but two conks me out. Many, many naps were taking on my couch.

*I was finally able to wash myself (partially) on Friday. Yeah, I know, nasty. You can't even imagine how hard it is to shower/dress/put contacts in/do your hair/ etc etc with only one arm. I've managed, but it was definitely a learning experience.
*IV's SUCK.

*Ice Packs are my friend.

*It SUCKS to sleep in a sling. I had to position myself so that I wouldn't roll over on my arm and had to prop it in a way that wouldn't cause strain on it over night. I finally found a position last night on my side that was somewhat comfortable but when I woke up at 6:30 my arm was in mega pain. Back to the drawing board.

*Typing with one hand blows. However, I've worked it so that I can type with two hands at work. It causes my shoulder to ache, but screw it. I'd rather ache than type slowly.

*Friends and family are awesome. I can't thank you people enough for the calls, concern, texts, emails, and Facebook messages. It's nice to know you're loved.

*It's hard to bowl left handed. However, I still managed to pull off a 70!

*When no Ice Packs are available, use a Lean Cuisine!!


Work has definitely been putting me through it today, but I guess that was to be expected. I'll be back later because I got lots to say but for now...


You're welcome.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks!
Wow, you bowl as good as I do left handed. And I'm left handed :) Glad you're getting better and hopefully not addicted to pain pills. Oh, and stop typing with your bad arm. Take a load off and let it heal. Sheesh.