Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Say It Ain't So-oo-woah-woah

You guys know how much I love "Pants on the Ground," right? I mean, it's frakkin' amazing. "Lookin' like a foo witch yo pants on the ground!!" Well apparently the song is a rip-off.

General Larry Platt say wha-?!!

I've been hearing rumblings about this for the past few days and today I finally decided to take a listen.

While the inital message is the same (seriously kids, get those pants off the ground!) and they both reference hats on backwards (turn those dag nabbin' hats around kids!) I am happy to report that the melodies are totally different.

So while perhaps Larry Platt got the INSPIRATION from The Green Brothers, I don't think it's a blatant rip-off, which makes my heart VERY happy.

Seriously, step off of my Pants on the Ground guy. I may only have one working arm, but I'll cut a bitch up.

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground..."

No comments: